Tycoon Duong Ngiep pleads for help from Prime Minister Hun Sen
Buth Reaksmey Kongkea
Tycoon Duong Ngiep, a well-known businessman and a
senior official of the Interior Ministry, called on Prime Minister Hun Sen and his
wife Bun Rany to intervene over claims of irregularities by the Phnom Penh
Municipal Court and its investigating judges who he says exploited money from
him.
Duong Ngiep, father of disgraced former tycoon Duong
Chhay, appealed to Mr Hun Sen by posting live on Facebook from his account
asking for help.
On Tuesday, Duong Ngiep posted live again but this
time from the entrance of Prey Sar Prison where he volunteered to be
incarcerated rather than pay the investigating judge more extortion money of an
undisclosed amount.
The court is investigating a $5 million fraud case
against Duong Ngiep filed by the lawyer representing three Taiwanese
businessmen.
“The Phnom Penh Municipal Court’s Investigating Judge
issued a warrant to arrest me (in two days) and accused me of cheating many US
dollars from a group of Taiwanese nationals,” said Duong Ngiep.
“But I did not have any business affair with those
Taiwanese nationals or any other foreign business people. I do not know about nor did I commit anything
as accused,” he said.
Duong Ngiep said he was summoned by the investigating judge many times. “Each time I go to court I have to pay money. They chewed me like they chewed animal meat for cooking and took money from me,” he said. “Now I can no longer stand the judge anymore. I ran out of money and have nothing to give the judges anymore.”
CAPTION: A screenshot of tycoon Doung Ngeab on
Facebook Live asking for help. Facebook
Comments