Scholarship Student Sok Bony Wishes to be Ambassador

BY BUTH REAKSMEY KONGKEA

Sok Bony, 20, one of The University of Cambodia’s “Samdech Hun Sen-Handa National Scholarships 2008” students. Bony was born in 1990 in Ponhear Leu district, in Kandal province, he is the youngest with three brothers in his family. His father had passed away and his mother selling goods at a market in Ponhear Leu district, in Kandal province.

Sok Bony is now studying International Relation (IR) at The University of Cambodia (UC) after he passed the UC’s scholarship in 2008. Before he passed the UC exams, he studied at the Sunthor Muk High School in Phnom Penh and earned a Baccalaureate in 2008.

“I was very happy that I passed the scholarship offered by UC. I am now studying very hard to complete my Bachelor Degree in International Relation with UC, and I hope that with my hard study and hard work, I will pass my Bachelor degree in next three years,” he said during an interview with The Southeast Asia Weekly.

He pointed out that he decided to study International Relations major with UC because he wanted to become a future ambassador and working to represent Cambodian people abroad.

“I decided to apply and study the major of International Relation with The University of Cambodia because I want to become a future ambassador of Cambodia,” he said. “I wanted to establish good diplomatic ties, friendship and relations in order to bring financial and humanitarian supports from other countries in the world to develop Cambodia,” he added.

He added that since he has been studying International Relation with UC so far, he learned and knew a lot about the laws and other related skills such Computer Skills, English Literature, and other majors. He could also read, write and speak English well.

“I am happy as my general knowledge now have been improving and I am also able speak, write and read English well. I also hope that with my hard study and hard work, I will compete my studies and become an Ambassador future,” he said.

To achieve his goal, he now studies very hard and reads many books related to her studies every day. Other research sources include the internet, foreign newspapers and magazines.

“I will then apply for Master degree in International Relation to study with The University of Cambodia in the future after I completed my Bachelor’s degree,” he said.

Besides his study with UC, Bony now is also working as a volunteer with Habitat Organization in Phnom Penh.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laotian gets life for drug trafficking

Sorn Elit, the Tallest Cambodian Taekwando Champion

Chan Tra: Life of a Cambodian Traditional Tattoo Artist