Scholarship Student Din Vandara Wants to Become a Businessman

BY BUTH REAKSMEY KONGKEA

One of The University of Cambodia’s “Samdech Hun Sen-Handa National Scholarships 2007” students, Din Vandara, 20, spoke with The Southeast Asia Weekly on December 24. Din Vandara was born in 1989 in Phnom Penh. He has two sisters in his family.

His father is a military officer working with the Royal Air Force Unit in the Ministry of National Defense and his mother is a fried-rice seller living in Phnom Penh.

Din Vandara is now studying Finance and Banking with The University of Cambodia (UC) after he passed the UC’s scholarship exams in 2007. Before he passed the UC exams, he studied at the Chbar Ampov High School in Phnom Penh and earned a Baccalaureate in 2007.

“I am happy that I passed the scholarship exam of The University of Cambodia in the major of Finance and Banking in 2007,” he said. “I thank Samdech Hun Sen and Dr. Haruhisa Handa very much for offering me the scholarship to study with UC without paying.”

Din Vandara said that he decided to study Finance and Banking with UC because he wanted to apply for work in finance and banking in the future. On the other hand, Vandara wants to become a future banker or businessman.

“My dream is to become a future banker or businessman. I think that if I complete my higher degrees in Finance and Banking, I will apply for work in banking and when I am old enough with much money I will establish my banking company to make businesses,” he said.

Since Vandara has been studying Finance and Banking with The University of Cambodia, he has learned a lot of things such as economics, political science, English Literature, and other subjects that affect to his major. He can also read, write and speak English well.

To achieve his Bachelor’s Degree goal, Vandara is now studying very hard and reads many books related to his studies everyday. Other research sources include the internet, foreign newspapers and magazines.

“I am now studying very hard every day. I study in the morning and in the afternoon I meet with my friends in order to discuss my major courses,” he said. “Also at night time, I spent four hours reading the subjects and to do home work.”

He went on to say that when he completes his Bachelor’s degree goal, he will then continue to apply for study for a Master’s degree in Finance and Banking with UC in the future.

Pem Penh, 23, a UC student, and personal friend with Din Vandara, appreciated Vandara’s capacity for hard work. He said that he has known Din Vandara since he was studying with him at UC in 2007. He added that Vandara was a hard learner and was one of the most outstanding students in his class. ////




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laotian gets life for drug trafficking

Sorn Elit, the Tallest Cambodian Taekwando Champion

Chan Tra: Life of a Cambodian Traditional Tattoo Artist