“I Wish to Become a Marketing Manager”

BY BUTH REAKSMEY KONGKEA

One of The University of Cambodia’s “Samdech Techo Hun Sen’s Vision-100 Scholarships 2008”, has interview with The Southeast Asia Weekly on May 20, describing about his desire in the future after graduation. Meas Sak was born in 1990 in Serei Sophoan district, Banteay Meanchey province. He has three brothers and he is the youngest in the family.

Meas Sak now is studying the Economic at The University of Cambodia (UC) in Phnom Penh after he passed the scholarship exams offered by UC in 2008.

“I am very pleased to pass the UC’s exams and have the opportunity to study Economics with UC without paying money. I think that to gratitude the scholarship owners especially Samdech Techo Hun Sen and Dr. Haruhisa Handa and Dr. Kao Kim Hourn, I have to study harder to complete my degree in next three years,” he said. “But when I completed my studies, I will then apply for work and I will work for benefits to support my family.”

Before Meas Sak applied for study with UC, he studied at the Bak Touk High School in Phnom Penh, and he earned a Baccalaureate in 2008. He applied to study the Economics at UC following the introduction of the “Samdech Hun Sen’s Vision-100 Scholarships 2008”.

“I decided to apply for scholarship and study the Economics with UC because I know that this university is one of the most qualified universities in Cambodia,” he said. “I want to become a marketing manager and economist or businessman in the future,” he added.

Since Meas Sak has studied with UC so far, he learned and gained lots of knowledge including Accounting, Trade, Marketing, Business, Leadership, Organizational Behavior Statistics, and Business Laws. He could also write, read and speak English well.

Meas Sak said that when he completes his Bachelor’s Degree, he will then apply for a Masters Degree to study with The University of Cambodia in the future.

He also emphasized that besides his studies with UC, he now is also studying in the third year of the International Studies Program (ISP) at the Institute of Foreign Language (IFL) in Phnom Penh. He decided to study ISP major because he wishes to apply for International Studies Program additionally to his Economics subject.

He stated that besides my studying with UC and IFL, I am now working as a researcher (volunteer) with the Cambodian Institute for Cooperation and Peace (CICP) in Phnom Penh. He decided to apply for voluntarily work with CICP because he wants to learn about working experience and office skills and gain useful talent prior to his graduation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laotian gets life for drug trafficking

Sorn Elit, the Tallest Cambodian Taekwando Champion

Chan Tra: Life of a Cambodian Traditional Tattoo Artist