Scholarship Student Nget Sina Wants to Become IT Expert

BY BUTH REAKSMEY KONGKEA

Nget Sina, 20, one of The University of Cambodia’s “Samdech Hun Sen-Handa National Scholarships 2008” students. Sina was born in 1990 in Samrong district, Takeo province and has one sister and a brother. He is the oldest brother in his family and his parents are farmers living in Samrong district, Takeo province.

Sina is now studying the Information Technology (IT) at The University of Cambodia (UC), and also studying his Environment major at the Panhasastra University (PU) in Phnom Penh.

He passed the scholarship exams offered by The University of Cambodia in Phnom Penh in 2008. He studied at the Samdech Ov High School in Samrong district of Takeo province, and earned a Baccalaureate before he passed the UC scholarship in 2008.

“I decided to study the IT major at The University of Cambodia because I wanted to become an IT Computer Programmer in the future. I also wanted to establish my own computer company or internet provider in Cambodia in order to make money to support my family in the future,” he told The Southeast Asia Weekly.

Sina pointed out that since he has studied IT with UC; he knows lots about computers and IT. He was also able to repair the computers as well as to install the software and internets for individuals or private companies. He was also able to communicate, reading and writing English well.

“I am now happy because I have been successful with studies with UC,” he said. “I hope that my IT major and my English skills will be improved increasingly better when I completed my studies with UC in near future. I want to become an IT expert.”

Sina continued that to achieve his goal, he now studies very hard every day. He has also conducted his own research about computers, emails and internet skills. He added that when he completed his Bachelor study, he will then continue to study for Master’s degree in IT with The University of Cambodia.

Son Samnang, 20, UC student, said that he has known Nget Sina since 2008 when he was studying English with him at The University of Cambodia. He continued to say that he Nget Sina was a friendly and hard learner in The University of Cambodia.

“I am happy that I have a good friend like Nget Sina,” he said. “I hope that with his hard studies and hard work, he will get the success he deserves in the future.”///

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laotian gets life for drug trafficking

Sorn Elit, the Tallest Cambodian Taekwando Champion

Chan Tra: Life of a Cambodian Traditional Tattoo Artist