“I Want to be a Lawyer in the Future”

BY BUTH REAKSMEY KONGKEA

One of The University of Cambodia’s “Samdech Hun Sen-Handa National Scholarships 2007” students, Chea Mengsreng, 22 has interviewed with The Southeast Asia Weekly on March 11th, describing about his hard learning it takes to get a scholarship. Mengsreng was born in 1989 in Kor Commune, Prey Chhour district, in Kampong Cham province and has one sister. He is the oldest in his family. He is now studying the Law at The University of Cambodia (UC) and also the English Literature at the Institute of Foreign Language (IFL) in Phnom Penh.

Mengsreng’s parents are business people living in Phnom Penh. Mengsreng studied at the Bak Touk High School in Phnom Penh and he earned a Baccalaureate in 2007 before he passed the scholarship exams offered by The University of Cambodia in Phnom Penh in 2007.

“I am now studying very hard to complete my Bachelor Degree in Law with The University of Cambodia,” he said. “I hope that with my hard study and hard work, I will pass my Bachelor next year.”

He stated out that he decided to study his Law Major with UC because he wanted to be a future lawyer in Cambodia.

“I decided to apply and study as my major in Law at The University of Cambodia because at UC as I know there are many good lecturers and it has also got modern equipment, so It would great to study here,.

Mengsreng added that since he has been studying Law at UC, so far he has learned lots about laws, and other related skills such Computer Skills, English Literature, and many other majors. He can also read, write and speak English well.

“I am now happy as my general knowledge and understandings have been improved on after my studies at UC. I hope that my law skills will be even more improved on when completing my study with UC in the future. I also hope that with my hard study and hard work, I will become a lawyer in Cambodia in the future,” he said.

Mengsreang pointed out that to achieve his goal, he now studies very hard and reads many books related to his studies every day. Other research sources include the internet, foreign newspapers and magazines. He said when he completes his Bachelor’s Degree; his goal will be then to continue to apply for Master Degree in Law study at The University of Cambodia.

He added that besides his study with UC, he now is also studying in the third year of English Literature at the Institute of Foreign Langue.

Ngoun Chhay Leang, a UC student is also a personal friend of Chea mengsreng, praised about Mengsreng’s hard study and hard work. He said that Chea Mengsreng was a hard learner and was one of the most outstanding students in his class.

“I believe that with his hard study and hard work, he will realize his dreams and become a future lawyer in Cambodia. I wish him all the best of luck and success with his studies,” he told The Southeast Asia Weekly. ////





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laotian gets life for drug trafficking

Sorn Elit, the Tallest Cambodian Taekwando Champion

Chan Tra: Life of a Cambodian Traditional Tattoo Artist