Peou Sopeak has Ambitious Goals

BY BUTH REAKSMEY KONGKEA

One of the University of Cambodia’s Samdech Techo Hun Sen “Vision 100”scholarship students, Peou Sopheak, 19, has provided an interview to the Cambodia Weekly on February 19. Sopeak was born in 1988 in Phnom Penh and has two sisters and one brother. He is now studying International Relations at the University of Cambodia (UC).

Sopeak passed the scholarship exams offered by the University of Cambodia and the Institute of Foreign Language in Phnom Penh in 2008.

“I am very happy because I passed the scholarship exams from the University of Cambodia and Institute of Foreign Language in 2008. I think that I passed the two scholarship exams because of my study and hard work,” he told the Cambodia Weekly on February 19.

Sopheak pointed out that he studied at the Indratevy High School in Phnom Penh, earning a Baccalaureate in 2008. He applied to study International Relations at UC following the introduction of the Samdech Techo Hun Sen “Vision 100”scholarship in 2008.

“I think that to thank the University of Cambodia and the Royal University of Cambodia I will study hard to reach my Bachelor’s degree goal. I will then continue to study for Master’s and Doctoral degrees with the University of Cambodia,” he added.

Soheak pointed out that to achieve his goal, he now studies very hard and reads many books related to his studies every day. Other research sources include the internet, foreign newspapers and magazines.

“I decided to study International Relations at the University of Cambodia because I know that UC is the best university in Cambodia. They will help me become future leader in Cambodia. My dream is to be the Cambodian Ambassador to the Unites States of America. If I am able to be a leader or Ambassador in future I will work hard for the benefit of my people and country,” he added.

Sopheak also said that besides his study, he is now looking for internships or part-time work with national and international Non-Governmental Organizations in Cambodia. He wants intern work so that he can learn about working and other office skills and gain useful experience prior to graduation.

He continued “My dream is also to obtain a higher degree in International Relations in future. The reason that I wish to obtain a higher degree is because I realize that learning never stops and I am eager to update myself with new knowledge and experiences, as only these can make me academically strong,”

Sin Sovanrattana, 18, a first year student of the Institute of Foreign Language and personal friend to Peou Sopheak, said she appreciated Sopheak’s capacity for hard work.

“I have known Peou Sopheak since he was studying with me at the Kindergarten and Indratevy High School in Phnom Penh. He is very smart, gentle and friendly,” she told the Cambodia Weekly. Sovanrattana continued that Sopheak is the most outstanding student in his class and she is very proud to know him.

“I hope that Sopheak will realize his dreams and become a future leader for Cambodia. I wish him all success in future,” she told the Cambodia Weekly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laotian gets life for drug trafficking

Sorn Elit, the Tallest Cambodian Taekwando Champion

Chan Tra: Life of a Cambodian Traditional Tattoo Artist